Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Alex's Fifth Letter from the MTC

Dear Family,
Well hey! Happy 4th of July! And happy birthday Mother! I am pretty sure I have nothing written down so I am going off of memory. Well the entire mail room has been closed since Saturday so I have yet to get any letters or anything from you guys so I don't know what to respond too or anything so ya. It opens back up today but I didn't have anything. Well I had a sad couple of days. We just sent off Elder moody and elder Bown sad :( I loved those guys and it is going to make a huge impact on our district. But I have also had some awesome spiritual experiences this weekend too. We learned about sharing your testimony and when you should.
There is a quote from Thomas S Monson that goes kinda like "a testimony shared is a testimony remembered and a testimony not shared is a testimony lost." That really hit home to me. It's like I do share my testimony often especially since I have been here in the MTC but I have not been sharing it enough. So I have been going testimony crazy and it has made a huge impact on me. Sharing your testimony works wonders, not only for the people hearing it, but being able to have that spirit with you as well. It's as if you are reliving that experience you are sharing and I have felt the difference it has made in me. As you already know it was fast Sunday and I am now able to bear a short and very simple testimony in Spanish so it is pretty cool.

I am learning so much here and I am not even close to being tired of it. I have grown so much here in the gospel and I have never had this sort of relationship with the Holy Ghost, Christ, and our Heavenly Father. It is getting to the point that my lessons and the parts I teach are just me sharing my testimony and how it has impacted my life and how it can impact theirs in the same way. And you know what it is great? Being here has really made me look back and see how the gospel has changed my life. How knowing that our god is our Heavenly Father and that he loves us. How knowing where we come from, why we are here on the earth, and where we are going has made my life that much easier. It is amazing to me how many people don't know those things. I am starting to pray every night for those people in Chile that I may come in contact with that they will be ready to hear my message that I can possibly bring something to them that will change and bless their lives forever. We are told to work on a Christ like attribute every week and set goals. Well I chose Christ like love and charity and it is amazing how much that can do. I feel like Ammon and his brethren who were heart broken at the site of their Lamanite brethren and how they didn't know god. Well I am starting to see how they feel. I am so ready to try and help the Chilean people and I pray every night that I will be prepared to meet them. I do not want to be not ready and have it on me that one of gods children don't have the opportunity to hear his gospel. I don't know what it was but it was this weekend where I started looking at the mission in a totally different way. I am starting to take it way more seriously. I love Jesus Christ and everything he has done for all of us, I love my Heavenly Father and everything he has given me. I love this Gospel and how it has blessed my life in ways I cant even start to talk about. I love the Chilean people and hopefully I can prepare myself in a way that I can have the holy ghost as my constant companion and hopefully touch the hearts of every Chilean I meet that they will be ready and prepared to hear the gospel that their lives can be blessed forever.
I love all of you and I cannot wait to hear from you again.
Love, Elder Alexander Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment