Thursday, July 15, 2010

Alex's Eighth Letter from the MTC

Hey Everyone!

It is good to hear that everyone is doing good. So I finally got Sarah's and Sister Bessey's Letters. Sarah you are too cute and your pictures I have have been getting a lot of attention haha. I think two elders have written you and you know what? They are probably my two favorite elders in here right now so they are both awesome haha. I am sorry to hear about your knee. Just keep working with it and I know you will be fine. Just think this is your last year you have to give it your all :) You are an amazing girl and I know you will do awesome. I was so happy to hear from Sister Bessey. I love that woman haha. I will have to write her back at some point. Hey! did I ever tell you I got Caitlan Sutherlands wedding announcement she sent me one haha. It was awesome.

Well on to some sad news. So Elder Burkhart is going home. So now we are down to 7 elders in our district and now only 5 of us are going to Chile. I am so sad about it. Elder Burkhart is that quiet kid who in the corner every now and then just throws out the funniest comment. I am going to miss him so much. We found out Tuesday night. When they told me I didn't even believe them. I had to go over to Elder Burkhart myself and when he looked at me my heart just sank. When I saw his face is when I knew they were telling the truth. I just walked over to him and gave him a hug. I couldn't think of anything to say, and really there was nothing I could say. I am not even the one going home and I feel like I am more sad about it than he is. This news hit me pretty hard and I have been thinking about it a lot.

We went to our fireside and it was all about being out in the mission for the right reasons and making it the best it can be. It was a very appropriate talk for the situation. After ever Tuesday fireside we have a little testimony meeting where we share our feelings about it. Everyone was just waiting until it was Elder Burkharts turn. He gets up and just thanks us for helping him feel the spirit here in the MTC and that it was that spirit that let him know that he needed to go home. Now I don't know why he is going home all I know is that he needs to wait a year before he can come back. His testimony was so simple and straight forward it hit home for me. That night while I was praying I asked my Heavenly Father to help me know that I was here for the right reasons and to help me know I am suppose to be here. And then the most beautiful and one of the most powerful moments I have ever felt the spirit in my life came to me. While I was sitting there and pondering just all these memories, all the little moments that I have had here in the MTC where I have felt the spirit just kinda flashed. I don't even really know how to explain it. All the times I have born my testimony in the TRC and TEC, all the lessons where I have felt the spirit there, all the times I have helped with blessings, just literally all the times that I have felt the spirit bear witness to me in the MTC came to me. It was just so amazing I am sorry I can't describe it any better than that. It was just so powerful that I started crying. I have no idea why but I did. I thank my Heavenly Father for answering my prayers and for telling me that this is for sure where he wants me to be. I love my Heavenly Father so much and I know that he has a purpose for me. I know while I am here at the MTC I am suppose to prepare myself to be his tool. I know that God loves us. He loves us so much he sent his son Jesus Christ to the earth to take upon our sins and make it possible for all of us to have a chance to repent and live with him again. I am so thankful for the atonement. I know that Christ lives. He lives so that we all can live again. Because of this knowledge I am obligated to share it with my brothers and sisters in Chile. They need to know. It has blessed me so much in my life and I want them to have those same blessings. I love this gospel, I love the Book of Mormon, I love Jesus Christ, and I love my God.

I know Elder Burkhart is doing the right thing. That if he goes home, works things out, and dives into the gospel and into the scriptures that in a year he can come back and be a powerful missionary. He is an amazing guy. I am just sad to lose him. Thank you for all the letters and for keeping me in your prayers. I love you all so much and I pray for you every night. Can't wait to hear from you again and I will write you on Tuesday.

Love your Missionary
Elder Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment