Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Alex's 17th and final letter from the MTC

Hola!

Well it is crazy I leave for the airport in 2 hours! I land in Texas at 6:30 so you can do all the adjusting of time and what not. So I have two stories for you all. First I had a way cool fireside on Sunday. We had 3 composers who are in the hymn book come talk to us about 1 of their favorite hymns they have in the hymn book and why or some cool story about how they were inspired to write it the way they did. It was really neat. I kept that one short because I know this one will be a little longer.

So coming into the MTC I promised myself that I was not gonna complain in my emails home or complain too much in my journals. I have loved the MTC but it is not always gonna be perfect and I knew that and so I promised myself I just wouldn't complain I would keep working and I know everything will turn out great. So one thing I have not told you all is that my companion and I have not been getting along. He gets upset really easy and he has gone literally a full 24 hours without talking to me. When he gets upset or something like that he completely shuts down and it has been something I have been struggling with the entire time in the MTC. I have had to plan lessons by myself and teach by myself because he just refused to work with me. Well I have been trying so hard to not get upset with him and just keep working and keep doing what I know I need to be doing. Well on Saturday night 3 days before we are leaving the MTC I was jumping into bed and there was a folded sheet of paper with my name on it saying it was from my companion. It was just one of those tender mercies from God because I know he knows how hard it has been for me. The letter was just full about how sorry he was for not opening up to me and how he really has only opened up to like 3 other people in his life. How he looks up to me because I am able to personally get to know anyone and just how in our time here in the MTC I have been an example for him and everything. I don't know if I believe everything he said about me is true because I definitely don't think I am as good as he says I am but whatever. It was just so neat to see that I was able to do something. I never forced him to do anything. I never really got mad at him I did once but nobody is perfect. It is I don't know how to explain it it was just really cool to be able to get that from him. I know that I was given my companion for a reason and I am basically 100% sure because I was needing to have to learn patience. I am one of the most impatient people on this earth and I have learned so much from this experience. I know that everything that is happening to me is helping me and building me to become a better missionary so I can more fully serve my lord and God. That I am also being prepared for after my mission so I can be a better student, a better employee, and a better Father and Husband. I am so happy for all the trials and events that will help me grow that I will have here in the near future. Well I am so excited to talk to you all today at the airport. Wish me luck and I love you all!


Love,
Elder Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment