Thursday, August 5, 2010

Alex's 14th letter from the MTC

Hola Familia!

Well yesterday was awesome! I hosted and holy smokes was it fun and somehow I did way more than everyone else. So I hosted 7 people while the majority got like 2 or 3. Maybe its because I am a little more forward than everyone else. While everyone hesitated a split second to see who was gonna grab the person or step up and host them I just went right in was like "hey welcome to the MTC!" haha talked with the parents and it was way fun. One family actually had me stand in their family pictures weird haha.

Yes I had both types of families while hosting. The first one they were dropping off their daughter and they opened the doors took out the luggage and they were not even gonna give her a hug till I reminded them that they were not gonna see her for 18 months. Then I get the family where they pull up bawling. The saddest part is that the dad was crying the most and he was one of those tough looking guys with like the beard and everything. I was like dang, but there I was with like a family of six people just crying insanely. Also to add to the awesomeness of this day it was raining!! It has been so flipping hot here I feel like dying but we had like thunder storms and it was so much fun. I may have gotten a tad bit soaked but it was way worth it. It was just way fun to get a break from my usual schedule and do something a little different.

If you wanted to know I hasted 4 sisters and 3 elders, one of the elders I hosted is going to the California Carlsbad mission! I do not remember his name sorry, but if I remember better he is a little bigger than most people so in a about 3 weeks start asking people who hosted them haha. So the sisters in my zone are going to the Oakland temple mission and this week are starting their visitor center training. So they handed us a bunch of referrals and give them peoples names and numbers and what not. I filled one out for with Alycia's name and number. I couldn't remember anyone elses number off the top of my head. So on Saturday she can be expecting a call from some sisters that I have known that are awesome. Maybe they can have a good chat no say but the sister who will call will know me so ya. I thought she would appreciate a nice call.
I am happy to hear everyone is doing well. Not much has happened in a day and what has happened I already told you about. I feel my Spanish is becoming way better than it has been but I know it is nowhere where it needs to be for me to talk to Chilean people. From what all the teachers and from everyone I meet that has been to Chile or knows anything about it, I guess Chileans are among the fastest Spanish speakers which scares me a little haha. But I guess when I get back in two years I can rip up on Brandon and Ben haha.

Well I love you guys and I can't wait to hear from you again and I know this is a short email so don't get upset haha Tuesdays will be longer. It is so weird in 12 days I am leaving for Chile. Oh and dad to answer your last question I am sure I will have way more time to email in Chile, also there is not word or note pad in the MTC. They have these things on crazy lock down so people don't do stupid stuff. Ok i love you all and will talk to you later!

Love,

Elder Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment