Friday, August 5, 2011

Alex's 50th email from Chile 8/1/11


Hola Familia!!!!

This week was a good week for us here in la Islita!! We have had some good miracles happen for us. Mainly I am just happy because finally things are starting to turn around here. We have had two straight weeks with at least 60 people attend sacrament meeting. We had 4 investigators at church this week. The ward is finally starting to work with us, we recieved a bomb refferal last week and I am sure this family will be baptized. On saturday we had a sweet talent show with our ward. It was cool. At times it was a little unorganized but it was fun, everyone had a good time and I was just happy we are starting to have activities to invite people to. I was the ending act and I sang a song of a famous Chilean artist. his name is Americo and everyone thought it was the funniest thing ever and they all told me I did an excellent job. I was very pleased with my performance. I was just pumped I was able to sing a song memorized in Spanish.


Also this week us as a zone we had a sweet activity. The missionaries from the MTC here in Chile came to Talagante and we all went on divisions with them and worked for an afternoon doing visits and contacts. I was with a kid from Nicaragua named Elder Sanchez.  It was cool working with these elders. None are coming to our mission but I thought it was an awesome activity. 

Elder Garcia has definatly broken out of his shell. He is talking a lot more with the other Elders and with the investigators that he is used to. When we are in contacting situations or in teaching situations he still kinda freezes up and I do most of the talking but that just comes with time and study of the lessons and the scriptures. We have mainly been visiting Mark Sabastian and Marion our investigators that are going to be baptized here in a little. We have been doing lots of contacts I am trying to put Elder Garcia in situations where he is forced to talk because thats the fastest way he is going to learn. When we were waiting for our greenies I will be honest we just ate a lot and had fun conversations with the Elders we dont get to see a lot. In the bible I am in Isaiah 20 something.

Bueno I dont have much time and the fricking internet here is terrible so I got to go and I will talk to you all next week.

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Leavitt


I don't know what song Alex sang in the talent show but I thought I would 'Youtube' the artist so you could get an idea of what he sounds like. I picked this one for the 'suave' picture. I can totally see Alex acting all suave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment