Monday, July 18, 2011

Alex's 48th email from Chile 7/18/11

Hola Familia!

So I have some crazy news for you all. Last night we got the calls about who had changes. Elder Florez will be leaving me. I am going to miss him a ton. Out of all of my companions I feel like we got along the best and had more unity in our companionship. We had comments from our leaders about our companionship unity and how strong it was. But the craziest part was that I had a personal call from President King and I am going to be training this change!! I am excited but pretty nervous at the same time. Some cool things are that I get to go through the Temple and do a session in Spanish for the first time!! I am Pretty stoked. I also need to be in Maipu early tomorrow for some meeting for trainers.

This week we had a another meeting with other zones and with President King. We played jepeordy and it was my zone Talagante versus two other zones and we dominated! Elder Florez got our zone the most points thats whats up! At that meeting mom you will be excited I met that Elder Wilcox from San Diego. He seems pretty tight and I am sure I will see more of him throughout the mission. I went on Divisions with Elder Adlish he is pretty cool a newer missionary from Nevada. It is so weird to call other missionaries newer and what not I am becoming one of the older ones and I still feel like I have been here for such a small amount of time. Its insane! So guess what? La Islita 1 now has two baptismal dates!! Mark and Sebastian have baptismal dates for the 20th of Agosto (I tried writing it in English but i just couldn't figure it out). They are awesome, their mom really only needs her husband to file the divorce papers and then we can baptize her boyfriend and complete the family!!!! I am pumped.

Teaching this week was awesome a little slower cause Chile played twice week. But it was awesome we are working with an inactive family the Familia Gomez. They love Elder Florez and I. During our last appointment with them the hermano prayed that Elder Florez wouldn't have changes. They are awesome and have come to church the last few weeks! And the Dad has plans so he can get the Melchizedek Priesthood and so they can go to the temple and be sealed! Like I said Chile played twice this week. They won against Peru and lost to Venazuela in the quarter finals. There was no work after that loss. We did go to one lesson but the dad was all drunk and depressed so not very effective. This country just shuts down on game days. Tennis was awesome and we played again today. We play with us four in the pension and played companionship doubles. Elder Florez and I just dominate the other two. Then we ended up playing a little bit of singles and I am the king of our pension. I beat everyone. Tennis is actually really fun. In the bible I am in Ecclesiastes something I don't really remember what chapter but ya I really enjoyed Proverbs all it really does is talk about gaining more knowledge and wisdom and what not, pretty cool. This week it rained a ton. It was clear today which was cool cause we were able to go out and play. It should start warming up like the end of Agosto so we still have a bit of winter left.


Buena familia, I love you all, and hey Mom if you can write this down or something or just tell Kira I would Love to go to one of those SMA camps with them when I get back. Ok guys wish me luck with my greenie and I will send you pictures and what not next week of us two. 
Chau!!!!

Love,

Elder Alexander Thomas Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment