Monday, January 3, 2011

Alex's 20th email from Chile 01/03/11

The Mission Picture taken at the Mission Christmas Party - December 23, 2010
(Alex is on the 4th/5th row in towards the middle on the left hand side. His tie is red)

Hola Familia!

So I had a pretty cool week. Monday played some soccer I am really starting to dominate now just thought I would let you know.

Then Tuesday we had interviews with President King. We had a good interview. He was all like "how is the new sector?" I was like "you know its all good" He asked how my old investigators in Malloco are doing. I told him they are good and then he was like "you had a lot of them ya?" I said "yes" and then he was like "sorry about that" haha it was funny. But over all I love that man. He said he feels that Elder Diaz and I can really get this sector going so it is cool he has that confidence in me.

On Wednesday I had divisions with Elder Marideña. I probably butchered his name. But it was cool. I had a good time and we had some good lessons and his little review thing of me was awesome I was pretty stoked.

Then on Thursday the zone leaders came and had divisions with us. So 2 days in a row! But we stayed in the sector and did work! In that day we did so much contacting and knocking doors it was ridiculous! But we found two new investigators and they are awesome! I am really excited about it. One is this older grandpa guy and he thinks I am German. I have tried telling him I am not German, but he doesn't believe me because he has German in him and is really proud of it, so he thinks I am German. The other is this kid Alan and he is golden. His whole family is inactive but have been so inactive now one in the ward knows them and he is the only one who is not baptized. He is 16 and just a little bit ago has started searching for a religion. He is awesome.

Then on Saturday we had divisions again but this time I went with Elder Champion! He is one of my best friends here in the mission he was in Peñaflor with me and we have basically the same time. It was awesome and I had a ton of fun with him and we did work.

Sunday we had an investigator show up to church! And had some good lessons that day too. All in all we are starting to make some head way here in Lo Ovalle and I am way excited about it!

My favorite scripture is Deutronomy 20: 3 - 4

3And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them;

4For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

That has been my favorite scripture since high school and it has gotten me threw some pretty hard times.

For new Years we actually got to stay out a little later how bout that? haha it was awesome but here they celebrate new years like backwards. Like in the states we start our parties at like 9ish ya? Then we party all night do the countdown then like one more hour and then around 1ish everyone goes home. At least that's how I remember it. Here they do the countdown and start their party and end at like 8 in the morning! On Monday there were so many drunks laying around everywhere!! I wish I had my camera to take pictures but I didn't know. It was just so funny. But we celebrated New Years with our mission leader Edic. He is tight and his family is awesome. It was a lot of fun.

Elder Diaz is doing better. I think I am starting to rub off on him so that is good. I just don't think he used to my craziness haha. Sharing the apartment is awesome. I am just glad I like the other guys. I could tell it would suck though if I didn't. Overall it is awesome and all of us really get along well. But ya it is all good here.

I love you guys and will talk to you next week!


Con mucho amor,

Elder Alex Leavitt

All thumbs up in this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment