Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Alex's 79th Email from Chile 2/20/12

Hola Familia!!

Hey so here in Chile a new song has hit it big it’s called ai se eu te pego by michel telo. Now I tell you this because one I really like it hearing in the streets all day and it’s in Portuguese so I think Ben would enjoy it so you will have to tell me what he thinks of it. 

I looked up the video for the song he hears on the street. 
I don't even know if Alex can understand Portuguese. 
I hope it's an okay song and not inappropriate to have on here!

Now back to my week. Well on Tuesday I got my new companion. His name is Elder Tlatelpa he is from Mexico from a place called Pueblo a little out from Mexico City. Now he is awesome so we have no worries. He is tight love this kid. He has close to 7 months in the mission and we get along great. We actually have a lot in common. Elder Tognetti is with Elder Trujillo from Colombia and I am once again in the same sector that I originally had with elder Carcaamo and Elder Tognetti is in his original sector. I once again have six missionaries in my district and I gave an awesome class this week it was cool. I set up like mini tennis in the cultural hall and we played doubles tennis with hymn book and then after I related it to companionship unity and how we always need to be well planned and teach as one voice and help our companions with their weaknesses and them with ours type thing it was cool. Everyone liked it. I have been trying different things because I am sure everyone else is tired of just listening to classes and taking notes. I know I am jajaja.

This week Elder Tlatelpa and I did really well we found 11 new investigators this week and we set 2 new baptismal dates with this couple we found although it will be a tough fecha to make they have a lot to do to progress. But we will keep on top of them. So funny story this just shows the difference between the mindset of the youth here. Here there is an extremely high number of teen pregnancies like insane amounts. Well we were doing contacts and we are talking to this kid, and he says he will start looking into religion when he is 18 and has a kid and family! I was like what normal 15 yr old thinks or plans on having kids at 18? So crazy. Also there is a tree theft in our sector. Someone is stealing the trees here like the newer smaller ones where you can take them out of the ground easier. I have just been thinking who would steal a tree it’s weird. On Friday I was told I needed to go and renew my carnet. We woke up at 6 in the morning, left at 6:30, and got to Maipu at 7:30 and got the paper work. We got on the train again when the office called to tell me to come back because everything was closed. Needless to say I was not happy to have wasted like 4 hours of my morning.

I am tired of summer here. One it is blazing hot, 2 no one is home!!! 3 you just get so much more tired. Umm they celebrate Valentine’s Day here but not to the extent of it in the States. I haven’t gotten any packages yet but we didn’t have pouch last week. Elder Tlatelpa and I get along really well and we have some big plans for our sector.

Well family I love you guys a ton and I cannot wait to hear from you guys next week, also I will see if I can get you some fotos next week. Till next week.

Con Mucho Amor,

 Elder Alex Leavitt

1 comment:

  1. Ai Se Eu Te Pego... Em inglês

    Ah when I get my hands on you...

    Wow, wow
    You're gonna kill me that way
    Ah when I get my hands on you, (poor you)
    Ah when I get my hands on you, (poor you)

    Delicious, delicious
    You're gonna kill me that way
    Ah when I get my hands on you, (poor you)
    Ah when I get my hands on you, (poor you)

    Saturday party night
    Everyone began to dance
    The hottest girl of the place passed me by
    So I got the guts up and began to say to her

    Wow, wow
    You're gonna kill me that way
    Ah when I get my hands on you, (poor you)
    Ah when I get my hands on you, (poor you)

    Delicious, delicious
    You're gonna kill me that way
    Ah when I get my hands on you, (poor you)
    Ah when I get my hands on you, (poor you)

    ReplyDelete