Monday, March 28, 2011

Alex's 32nd email from Chile 3/28/11


This picture makes me laugh because it's a typical Alex picture
Hola Familia!!

So this week was just overall awesome. I have not worked so hard in such a long time and I am loving it.  We are constantly on the move walking to appointments or knocking doors it is awesome. But side effect is I am always just super tired but at least it is a good tired :) 

Paul is progressing very well.  He couldn't come to church Sunday though cause he is sick and actually was taken to the hospital.  We are going to try and pass by for him tonight and see how he is. But now I don't know if I told you his little brother really wants to be baptized so I am excited about that. 

I have come to realize that and had been wondering why I have not been finding many families to teach and baptize. Everyone in the mission dreams of finding just some large family and baptizing them and later going to the temple with them to see them sealed as a eternal family.  The Mission president and other leaders say we need to focus on finding families and here I am looking at my work I have been doing and I am thinking to myself "why on earth have I not found a family?"  But I have realized what I have mainly been doing is completing families and then reactivating them.  Which you know what?  I am totally ok with.  To watch first Alan be baptized was amazing but to watch his influence activate his mom who is working crazy hard to be able to take the sacrament again and then watching their example influence Hermana Jessica's sister Mussi to want the same thing and now Samantha is going to be baptized this Sunday is just amazing that I can't even describe the joy I am feeling.  Especially when Hermana Mussi and Samantha asked me to baptize Samantha this Sunday. I am soo happy it is ridiculous.   So ya Samantha will be baptized this Sunday in between sessions :) 

So crazy news I have received. Elder Pedraza got sent home before this last change. I guess he stopped getting better and was having depression problems so now he is back home.  It blew me away.  I know we had our problems but that is still sad.  I feel really bad for him. 

So we have really focused on trying to find new people to teach and with the help of the Lord we found this awesome family we have taught a couple times and I am really hoping they continue to progress. The guys name is Maximus.  How legit of a name is that?  But they are really sweet.  It's the two of them and their baby.  They are newly weds and are awesome.  I am praying big time for them. Nacho is really starting to show some progress.  He is the inactive kid I have talked about and we have worked alot with him.  His brother-in-law is an amazing artist and said he is going to make me something.  I am excited to see what he makes. 

Tell Dad I have not received any Easter letter or the package from the young women. I am pretty sure Alan's dad is a member just inactive. The weather is weird it has gotten all hot again but is still super cold in  the mornings.  I am repping my Lama jacket a lot in the mornings. 

So something sad, Mussi´s husband is not a member and drinks alot.  Apparently they have been fighting alot and has been saying he wants to leave them. It breaks my heart to hear that happening especially to Mussi and Samantha.  He hasn't left yet but we go over to Alan's house and a couple times she has been there just crying. It´s like I want to help but I don't know what I would do or if I am even allowed or could do anything.  It's just something I find so stupid.  Just makes me think about what it says about Fathers like that in Jacob where God is tired of seeing the Tears of his beautiful daughters for the sake of Dad's and Father's. Even if I can't do anything just reafirms the testimony I have of what kind of Dad I want to be in the future and especially the need to make sure you pick your spouse carefully and make sure you both have the same standards and goals in life so you don't have problems like this.  Honestly one of the saddest things I have seen in my mission.  It just honestly tears me apart on the inside watching this effect Samantha and Mussi. 

On a more lighter note, Elder Sanchez said something funny to me this morning.  He said the way I talk and sound when speaking Spanish I sound Russian.  I was like "hmmmm I guess that is better than American" so I am guessing my accent is getting better hahaha.  It just made me laugh cause Russian is just so random. 

Hey I loved hearing about Frank that guy is a stud tell him "hi" for me :)

Well family and friends I Love you all.  I love my mission.  I am so happy to be here and be doing what I am doing. We taught Nacho a lesson yesterday about missionary work and I could not have been more animated and excited while talking about it.  I have such a strong testimony of what I am doing here and how it can bless the lives of the people you are teaching and come in contact with, and also how it blesses the life of the missionary.  I have been so blessed that I can't even begin to make a list of the ways of how it has already effected who I am, who I want to be and the goals and things I want to do with my life.  I have never been so focused on what is truly important in this life. I pray for you guys every night.  It's weird, I feel like I just got here but in my zone I am actually one of the older ones.  It's so strange to have other missionaries ask me for advise. I love you all!

             Con Mucho Amor,
                                          Elder Alexander Thomas Leavitt



No comments:

Post a Comment